This is just a quick post to say hello and welcome. I’m looking forward to sharing my thoughts about children’s lit, YA lit, fandom, adaptations, pedagogy, and more on this site and this blog, specifically. I hope you’ll find something of interest here. Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments section for each post. Of course, please make sure to keep it respectful. If you want to contact me privately, the contact widget is the place to go.
My plan is to update on a bi-weekly basis. I’ll post something new every other Friday, by noon (EST). If you want to be notified when I upload a new post onto the blog, feel free to sign up for the blog’s email subscription.
As a reminder, here’s the list of post types I outlined on my homepage:
- Book reviews
- Discussions of ChYALit news and scholarship
- Discussions of ChYALit adaptations (TV shows, movies, games, etc.)
- Discussions of ChYALit fandoms (fanfic, fanvids, fanart, cons, etc.)
- Teaching resources and activities
- Resources found online (general ChYALit, teaching, research)
- Descriptions of projects I’m working on
- Guest posts from other ChYALit people
I’ll make sure to categorize and tag each post to make it easier to search for specific types of blog entries. All posts will be included under the “Full Archive” category, but the other categories are as follows:
- Professional Development
You can go straight to the posts in a specific category by using the dropdown menu on the right of the screen. Let me know if you have any suggestions for blog post types or categories.